What do I mean by the tagline, “Help, when you’re feeling stuck”?
Yup, we all feel stuck and need some help once in a while, right?
What kind of help? Well, think about getting stuck with your car in mud or snow, or maybe it stalled and won’t start.
Sometimes, self-help will do. Maybe you can rock the car forward and back and get yourself free. Or maybe you’ve got some skills, so you pop the hood, clean the battery cable connectors, and the engine rolls over and starts (rare, I know).
Other times, your friends can pile out of the back seat and push you out; or maybe you get a jump start from a passing Good Samaritan.
And sometimes you have to hire help from a professional, calling in a tow truck or roadside mechanic.
Good news! Here you can find all three kinds of help for getting unstuck in your personal or professional life – free DIY resources, a community of friends and helpful soon-to-be-friends, all the way to Professional Learning Partnerships.
Welcome to Old Dog Learning – where together, we’ll learn what you (or your team) need to find your next path and help you get moving again with confidence and joy.
Hi, I’m Tom Collins and it’s my core belief that we can learn our way out of almost any rut or hole we’re stuck in – usually one we we’ve dug ourselves, right? And have fun while we’re getting free from the muck!
Those of you who were there when Yvonne and I were co-founders in the BlogPaws conference and online community may remember that our original tagline was “Learning, Networking, and Fun!” The same approach to business and life still drives me (here’s some of how I’m “walking the walk”).
Check out more of the story how I transitioned to this work (and mean to keep it fun!) in this post: How to build fun into your brand statement: the Old Dog Learning Limerick.
How can I help you?
- First, sign up for the ODDs in Your Favor newsletter and you can download a copy of The 100 + Life Manifesto, with 25 principles, ideals, and action items to help you live a long and happy life. In the newsletter, I’ll be sharing the latest items from my own learning, well before they get incorporated into published blog posts, ebooks, infographics, courses, and so on.
- Then visit here often, for those deeper dives in the blog, videos, and free downloads.
- Join in the conversations in the blog comments (see #5 in the Manifesto: “Life is conversations”).
The 100 + Life Academy – a Learning Community committed to helping each other add more meaning and joy to life, as we all keep living longer. Learn more
Work directly with me – Help, when you feel stuck!
- Clarity Consultations – We’ll spend a week or two via questionnaire and email focusing in on a specific issue you’re struggling with, gathering ideas and resources, then get on a video call (up to 1 hour) and mapping out your path forward.
- Poplar Hill “Asylum” Weekend Retreats – Get away from what’s distracting you and interfering with your work. Come spend time with us in upstate NY. Before you arrive, we’ll work together to design your time here with as much (or as little) structured work as you need.
- Professional Learning Partnerships – Ongoing help (minimum 6 mos.) with learning what you need to find your next path and get moving again with confidence and joy!
Note: all of these packages can be customized for teams and organizations.